The Kibworth Brass Band is a friendly village Brass Band based in Kibworth Beauchamp, South Leicestershire. The band was founded in 1905 and has had many successful years in it’s past, being a frequent visitor to the National Finals, and also to the Blackpool Contests. We are currently graded nationally in the First Section.
The band plays many varied styles of music from traditional brass band music, jazz – dance and swing band, modern pop, classics and film music, as well as the best of modern compositions written for brass band. This variety of music allows us to play for a wide range of events including formal concerts, fetes, BBQs, weddings, birthday parties, proms, firework displays, formal dinners and much more.
We rehearse on Monday and Thursday evenings at our purpose built band room and are always happy to welcome new players and visitors.
The Kibworth Centenary Youth is the branch of our organisation which offers opportunities for children to learn and develop as players. We have two youth bands, the Kibworth Centenary Youth Brass Band and the Kibworth Centenary Training Band who rehearse on Monday and Tuesday evenings respectively. The youth band offers children of grade 3 standard and above to play in a concerts and competitions in order to further their development as players until they are ready to join a senior band. The training band – as the name suggests is a band which trains beginners of below grade three standard to be able to play in the Youth Band.
Latest News from the Kibworth Band
- Success at local youth contestKibworth band would like to congratulate Ciaran for his recent success in the under 15 section at the Loughborough Brass Competition. Out of an entry of 10 players Ciaran produced a rousing rendition of Kenny Baker’s ‘Virtuosity’ and came away with first place. Ciaran started playing with our youth group 6 years ago and has … Read more
- Welcome new playersKibworth Band are happy to announce the signing of Sam McCoy and Jacob Crowe. Sam is a familiar face in the band and played for us until 2017/18 and has since been spending time with Kettering Salvation Army. He has chosen to join us once more on cornet and we are more than happy to … Read more
- Visit our New Facebook PagePlease visit and like our new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KibworthBand/
- Kibworth Band on TwitterThe Kibworth Band is now on Twitter, please follow our handle @KibworthBand
- Brendan Caddy appointed Musical DirectorWe are pleased to announce the appointment of Brendan Caddy as the bands new musical director. Brendan has much experience as a cornet player having played with Tredegar for many years and started his conducting career at the local Leicester Coop Brass Band. The band are looking forward to working with Brendan's combination of youth … Read more