The Kibworth Brass Band is a friendly village Brass Band based in Kibworth Beauchamp, South Leicestershire. The band was founded in 1905 and has had many successful years in it’s past, being a frequent visitor to the National Finals, and also to the Blackpool Contests. We are currently graded nationally in the First Section.
The band plays many varied styles of music from traditional brass band music, jazz – dance and swing band, modern pop, classics and film music, as well as the best of modern compositions written for brass band. This variety of music allows us to play for a wide range of events including formal concerts, fetes, BBQs, weddings, birthday parties, proms, firework displays, formal dinners and much more.
We rehearse on Monday and Thursday evenings at our purpose built band room and are always happy to welcome new players and visitors.
The Kibworth Centenary Youth is the branch of our organisation which offers opportunities for children to learn and develop as players. We have two youth bands, the Kibworth Centenary Youth Brass Band and the Kibworth Centenary Training Band who rehearse on Monday and Tuesday evenings respectively. The youth band offers children of grade 3 standard and above to play in a concerts and competitions in order to further their development as players until they are ready to join a senior band. The training band – as the name suggests is a band which trains beginners of below grade three standard to be able to play in the Youth Band.
Latest News from the Kibworth Band
- Christmas Concert CancelledUnfortunately due to the developing COVID situation both locally and globally and after having sought advice from local NHS and national bodies the band’s management have decided the concert poses too much risk to the health of our members and supporters and have cancelled the concert due to take place on Saturday 18th December. Our … Read more
- A Traditional Christmas ConcertSaturday 18th December A traditional Christmas Concert with the Kibworth Band and the Centenary Youth Brass At Kibworth Grammar School Hall, School Road, Kibworth Beauchamp, LE8 0EW Doors open at 7.00pm Concert starts at 7.30pm FREE ADMISSION Admission by ticket only, available from the band manager: Tel: 07963466380 Email: email@example.com
- Principal Cornet, Bass Trombone & Basses Eb/Bb VacancyPrincipal Cornet, Bass Trombone & Basses Eb/Bb Vacancy We are looking to fill the last few spots in the band as we move into 2022 and have vacancies for a principal cornet, bass trombone and basses. We currently sit 3rd in the Midlands 1st section grading table having narrowly missed out on a place at the National Finals in Cheltenham. Going into next year’s area the band sit at the top of the table as we look towards working on Gilbert Vinter’s Spectrum at the Corby Cube on 26th February. Under the baton of Brendan Caddy we rehearse in our own band room located in the village of Kibworth Beauchamp, South Leicestershire. Rehearsals are twice a week on a Monday and Thursday 8-10pm. For more information or to apply please contact the Band Manager, Mark Smith on 07963466380.
- Tenor Horn, Tuba and Bass Trombone players neededHaving got back in the flow of things over the last few months the Kibworth Band would like to recruit a tenor horn, tuba and bass trombone player. We currently sit 3rd in the Midlands 1st section grading table having narrowly missed out on a place at the National Finals in Cheltenham. Going into next … Read more
- VacanciesThe band currently have vacancies for a Tenor Horn, Bass Trombone and BBb Bass player. Following our 3rd place result in the 1st section at the Midlands Regional Championship 2020 we are looking to build on this result and fill a few gaps in the band room. We are based in the village of Kibworth, … Read more