The Kibworth Brass Band is a friendly village Brass Band based in Kibworth Beauchamp, South Leicestershire. The band was founded in 1905 and has had many successful years in it’s past, being a frequent visitor to the National Finals, and also to the Blackpool Contests. We are currently graded nationally in the First Section.
The band plays many varied styles of music from traditional brass band music, jazz – dance and swing band, modern pop, classics and film music, as well as the best of modern compositions written for brass band. This variety of music allows us to play for a wide range of events including formal concerts, fetes, BBQs, weddings, birthday parties, proms, firework displays, formal dinners and much more.
We rehearse on Monday and Thursday evenings at our purpose built band room and are always happy to welcome new players and visitors.
The Kibworth Centenary Youth is the branch of our organisation which offers opportunities for children to learn and develop as players. We have two youth bands, the Kibworth Centenary Youth Brass Band and the Kibworth Centenary Training Band who rehearse on Monday and Tuesday evenings respectively. The youth band offers children of grade 3 standard and above to play in a concerts and competitions in order to further their development as players until they are ready to join a senior band. The training band – as the name suggests is a band which trains beginners of below grade three standard to be able to play in the Youth Band.
Latest News from the Kibworth Band
- Karl BuschIt is with great sadness that we would like to share the news of the passing of a good friend Karl Busch who passed away on Sunday. Karl was a close friend to many members of the band, both past and present and had always been a strong supporter whenever he could. Karl was a fantastic cornet player, who not only played for us at some of our finest performances, but also with the City of Coventry Band and the GUS band. Karl stood in front of the band many times, sometimes just to help out when we were short, but also took on the role of Musical Director with the band in 2017. Wherever Karl sat or stood, he was always respected, as a bandsman, a musician, and also for his commitment and character. You’ll be missed Karl, from all your friends at the Kibworth Band. Rest in Peace
- Positions VacantWe are currently looking to fill vacancies in the band for Eb and Bb bass players and for a tenor and bass trombone. We are a first section band based in the village of Kibworth, South Leicestershire. We rehearse Monday and Thursday evenings in our own purpose built band room under the direction of our … Read more
- An Update from the Kibworth BandIt’s been a long couple of years and like the rest of the world the pandemic has brought it’s difficulties for us too. We left on a high with a fantastic result at the 2020 Midlands Regional Contest and have returned to a different world. This new world has taken it’s toll on all aspects … Read more
- Christmas Concert CancelledUnfortunately due to the developing COVID situation both locally and globally and after having sought advice from local NHS and national bodies the band’s management have decided the concert poses too much risk to the health of our members and supporters and have cancelled the concert due to take place on Saturday 18th December. Our … Read more
- A Traditional Christmas ConcertSaturday 18th December A traditional Christmas Concert with the Kibworth Band and the Centenary Youth Brass At Kibworth Grammar School Hall, School Road, Kibworth Beauchamp, LE8 0EW Doors open at 7.00pm Concert starts at 7.30pm FREE ADMISSION Admission by ticket only, available from the band manager: Tel: 07963466380 Email: email@example.com