The Kibworth Brass Band is a friendly village Brass Band based in Kibworth Beauchamp, South Leicestershire. The band was founded in 1905 and has had many successful years in it’s past, being a frequent visitor to the National Finals, and also to the Blackpool Contests. We are currently graded nationally in the First Section.
The band plays many varied styles of music from traditional brass band music, jazz – dance and swing band, modern pop, classics and film music, as well as the best of modern compositions written for brass band. This variety of music allows us to play for a wide range of events including formal concerts, fetes, BBQs, weddings, birthday parties, proms, firework displays, formal dinners and much more.
We rehearse on Monday and Thursday evenings at our purpose built band room and are always happy to welcome new players and visitors.
The Kibworth Centenary Youth is the branch of our organisation which offers opportunities for children to learn and develop as players. We have two youth bands, the Kibworth Centenary Youth Brass Band and the Kibworth Centenary Training Band who rehearse on Monday and Tuesday evenings respectively. The youth band offers children of grade 3 standard and above to play in a concerts and competitions in order to further their development as players until they are ready to join a senior band. The training band – as the name suggests is a band which trains beginners of below grade three standard to be able to play in the Youth Band.
Latest News from the Kibworth Band
- No departure after alle are pleased to announce that due to a change in circumstances Brendan Caddy will not be emigrating and has decided now to stay in the UK and has been reinstated as the bands Musical Director. The band are really excited to be able to continue working with Brendan after his short time with us pre-pandemic had already begun to yield some great results.
- Departure for BrendanUnfortunately we are sad to announce the departure of our Musical Director, Brendan Caddy. Brendan’s fiancé Bethan Brown has been offered a prestigious job teaching for a Dubai music school and together they have taken the decision to emigrate out to Dubai. Brendan joined the band in 2019 and in his short time with us … Read more
- GBRT Best Instrumentalist 2021Congratulations go to our young cornetist – Ciaran – who has continued to practice hard throughout the last year of lockdowns and has entered a competition ran by the Great Bowden Recital Trust. This year the competition was ran online and entries were submitted as a video entry. In total the GBRT recieved 60 entries … Read more
- Success at the AreasThe day started with the band meeting for breakfast followed by the morning rehearsal where corners were covered and cobwebs were blown out and the wait for the draw was upon us. It wasn’t long before we found we we were drawn 5th and we headed over to the civic hall to prepare for the … Read more
- Countdown to Contest DayWith around 36 hours to go until the Midlands Area Kibworth Band have been working hard to get Legacy ready for the big day. The piece is a new composition from the hand of Tom Davoren in celebration of Aneurin Bevan and the creation of the National Health Service on the 5th of July 1948. … Read more